26 November 2011 – 26 May 2012
2011 marked the 250th anniversary of the donation of the Shepherd Library to Preston. To celebrate we displayed some of these amazing rare books around the building to celebrate the library and its benefactor, the Preston doctor Richard Shepherd (1694-1761).
This project was organised by the Harris Museum & Art Gallery and Lancashire County Council Community Heritage with support from Preston City Council.
Image: Botanicon by Theodor Dorsten, 1540.
Shepherd Library. Courtesy of LCC Community Heritage